Monday, June 15, 2009

My Best Friend and My Godson
(AKA Shelly and Kaleb)

June 15, 2009

_______________




I cannot tell you what an amazing morning I had today. I spent time with my best friend, my favorite (and coincidentally, only) godson, my camera, and beautiful mother nature; everything that makes me smile :)

My godson was a ham, as always. He shared his version of a classic from The Rolling Stones...

"You can't always get what you want/but if you try sometimes/you just might find/you get what you get/so don't throw a fit!!! ... that one's for you, mommy!!!"

We roared in laughter!! I have to say, I'm proud of my little Kaleb for already having such great taste in music :)

Shelly and Kaleb climbed trees, and even made clothing changes (well, Shelly did) in the middle of the forest without showing much more than her shoulders. She's got some talent, that woman ;)

Anyway, I have known Shelly since we were babies (nearly just born). She truly is a sister to me, despite the blood relation thing being absent. I believe that everyone should have a Shelly in their lives for so many reasons, it'd take me years to list them all.

I love you both!!!

~amy




































No comments: