Thursday, February 04, 2010

The Grammys
Chicago Chapter Viewing Party
January 31, 2010
________________




I thought I'd wait until this posting to make the official announcement that I am now a member of The Recording Academy - yes, the Grammys. After the past two years of invitations to attend several parties held by the organization, I was asked why I wasn't a member by my friend Pete (the current president of the Chicago chapter). I told him that I didn't know I could be; that I thought I had to be a professional musician. He explained that due to my involvement in the music community, I was indeed eligible. He also briefly explained to me the differences in memberships. With that, I am currently only an associate member, but am working on my credentials in order to be a voting member.

I have met so many wonderful people, and have gained so much knowledge on the industry because of this organization. I know that there are many different opinions regarding The Academy, but there are many things that they/we do in and for the music community that are so great. One of my favorites is Musicares. Check it out!!!

This year's party was a lot of fun for me, although I did miss some of my friends who either had recording stuff to attend to, or were attending the event in other cities. Here's a peak into our evening in Chicago:





Me with my friend, Larry (current VP of the Chicago chapter) and his beautiful wife, Suzie





With my girls Tarah (thanks again for being my 'date,' beautiful girl!!) and Sarah





A few of my music friends and me (L to R: Kate, Damon, Roger, Sarah, me, Zach)



















Want to see more pictures from our night? Visit the facebook photo album:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=52575&id=1138585006&l=d2f810384b

No comments: